Monday, January 26, 2009

Easter Cards For Soldiers


I finally finished making my 20 cards for the soldiers, YaY!!! One of my scrapping friends, Patty Loup (aka: Paperpiecing Patty or Momma 411) is organizing another mail of cards for our soldiers who are away from there families. This time she is gathering Easter cards. They can be handmade or store bought, either way the troops are the utmost appreciative for whatever they get as they don't have the luxury of going to a card shop like we do... If your are interested in participating, you can contact Patty Loup through her blog at http://paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com/

Okay, for my card I sort of cheat...lol I purchase these card packs from Target in the $1 bends and just added to it. The stamp set that I used was from The Angel Company called, "I love Easter." I used the flower punch to cut the flowers out and finish the card off by adding stickles to the center of the flowers and around the saying, "For Somebunny Special." I have a small "Happy Easter" saying inside so that they can have plenty of space to journal to there love ones. I also got the card layout idea from "Mojo Monday" #70. Thanks, Mojo for the idea! I'm still struggling with making cards for some reason. I just can't seem to put them together but I'm a die hard, so I'll keep on trying...lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the cards. Thanks for spreading the information about the cards to the troops.