Monday, December 15, 2008

Ladybug "Thank You" cards

This passed weekend, I had Natalie's 7th Birthday Party. The theme was Ladybugs. I had activities plan out for the entire evening however, I apparently didn't think them through too well...lol Originally, my niece (Mindy) was going to be my helper and help the kids with the cookies while I played games with the the girls. Luckily for "all" of us, 4 other Mom's stayed and helped. It was a little crazy but all worked out and everyone ~ including the adults had a good time! Here is a picture of the proud Birthday Girl with her cake that I made for her. Here are the "Thank You" cards that I made for her wonderful friends who made her 7th Birthday Celebration one to remember & for the awesome Mom's who stayed to help!!! For the cards, I cut out of black & red cardstock 4in circles. I punch out 2in circles for the head. I used a dabber and stamped spots on the red circles. Then, I cut the red circles in half. Punch out small wholes at the top of the halves to put the brads through so that the wings (red circles) could open up. Then taped the 2in circles to the back side of the black circle to cover the backs of the brads. Glued wiggly eyes and stamped a "Thank You" message inside the body on the black circles using cotton white stazon stamp pad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome thank you cards. Love it Love it. patty L

Garnet "MeMe Cat" said...

OH Patty ..
How fun .. Your cake and your cards are just tooo cute ..

But we missed you at Lisa's Crop this weekend too ..
Happy Holiday
hugs
Garnet
MeMe Cat

LFAZENDE said...

great idea patty... the thank you cards. too cute..... loved all the birthday pics.. thanks for sharing